WSAZ covers a wide, diverse area comprised of three states. Many small towns sit along the Ohio River and smaller rivers and streams that run through rolling hills. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. Although we're not a major metropolitan region, the WSAZ market enjoys relatively close proximity to many large eastern cities, and is easily accessible by interstate, rail, river and air.
We enjoy all four seasons, and the activities that come with each. Nature is always a short distance away, with many surrounding state parks and lakes for recreation. Within the larger towns and cities, there is a vibrant night life with many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1949, WSAZ has been the overwhelming number one choice for Breaking News, Severe Weather coverage and information in western West Virginia, eastern Kentucky, and southern Ohio. Generations of residents have grown up counting on WSAZ to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility we carry, to continue what was started more than sixty years ago. We take pride in our ratings, our content, our status, and the need to maintain the work ethic that got us to where we are.
There has always been a family atmosphere at WSAZ. We care about each other, and know that we are stronger as one team than as many individuals. We take our jobs seriously, and know that we can be successful and have fun at the same time.
WSAZ is looking for a full-time producer. The ideal candidate will be able to make the newscast unique and memorable on this dominant #1 station. We want someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. This person must be an excellent writer, possess strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to perform well under pressure. The ideal candidate develops and enterprises stories daily and communicates well with co-workers and the community. The candidate will also be required to coordinate field anchoring opportunities as well as live coverage of special events, run the assignment desk and post stories to our station's website.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Required to write copy and edit video into newscast and web formats
* Ensure content of each newscast is clear, concise and easily understandable by our viewers
* Responsible for determining story lineup and timing for each story or segment of newscast
* Work with anchors and reporters on story selection, writing and enterprise pieces.
* Work with news team and production department for on-air promotion
* Must be able to develop and enterprise compelling stories that interest our viewers
* Present information on wsaz.com immediately and as updates become available.
* Work with director to determine best use of graphics and coordination of live shots that will complement the stories included in each newscast
* BA in Journalism or related field preferred
* Must be able to work flexible days and hours
* Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7ne3-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.