WSAW is Wausau's first TV station, debuting in 1954. It is a CBS affiliated station that serves northcentral Wisconsin. It is owned by Gray Television. Northcentral Wisconsin is known for its agriculture, manufacturing, healthcare and the area is a tourism destination. WZAW is Wausau's FOX affiliate and home of ''Packer Football'' airing more Packer regular season games than all other stations combined. WZAW produces local newscasts M-F 4:00pm and 9:00pm.
The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of two of our evening newscasts. That includes determining the content and flow of newscasts, working with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and developing content for our website. The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader with excellent news judgment. We are looking for someone who embraces new technology and has the ability to work in a multi-platform environment, including social media and wsaw.com.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Produce a creative and informative newscast with emphasis on the viewers' interests
- Coordinate the writing and editing of scripts that incorporate video, natural sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
- Coordinate and plan live shots
- Time the newscast in the control room
- Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
- Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired
- Strong writing skills, using correct grammar
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Must be professional and courteous with the public, answer phones and greeting guests who are booked to appear on air
- Must work individually as well as part of a team
- Must have a strong understanding of journalistic ethics
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
- Familiarity with ENPS, Grass Valley Edius, Photoshop and Arc Publishing preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93nm7-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.