WSAW is Wausau's first TV station, debuting in 1954. It is the CBS affiliate that serves northcentral Wisconsin. As the leading broadcaster in the market, WSAW offers new and experienced sales professionals a unique career opportunity. As part of a publicly traded company, employees receive access to training and support from nationally renowned experts while retaining the opportunity to work and live in a smaller, more intimate environment. The culture at WSAW promotes positive relationships, encourages employee growth, and remains strong because the company invests to ensure its leading-edge position in the marketplace.
One such investment happened in 2015 with the purchase of the local FOX affiliation, now known as WZAW. This acquisition secured WSAW/WZAW as a powerhouse in central Wisconsin. With CBS and FOX programming, the station is home of ''Packer Football'' and many premier sporting events throughout the year.
WSAW is located 90 minutes west of Green Bay, 180 miles east of Minneapolis and 180 miles northwest of Milwaukee. Wausau is the economic and cultural hub of northcentral Wisconsin offering top educational facilities and a high level of satisfaction to those looking for family-friendly, outdoor lifestyles.
Learn More About WSAW Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UZmS7SOAYA
WSAW/WZAW, a Gray television station, is looking for a high achieving individual who seeks a career in outside sales and marketing. This job opening offers a rare opportunity to join a team of effective sales professionals to represent a well-known product line including CBS and FOX programming and GDM digital products. The combination of these platforms positions WSAW salespeople as leaders in the marketplace with the ability to offer comprehensive marketing solutions to local businesses and advertising agencies. Training is offered that shows a pathway to financial success and career growth. It has never been a more exciting time to work in local TV now that it is paired with the targeting efforts of digital marketing. The future is bright for a person interested in high earning potential, relationship building and helping local businesses meet their marketing goals.
* Self-starter, with the ability to interact and influence others in a positive manner
* Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
* Detail oriented with excellent communication & customer service skills
* Goal driven with an attitude for success
* Strong work ethics with integrity
* Effective problem solving and organizational skills
* Team focused with the ability to work independently and manage time
* Hungry for ongoing learning with a thirst to understand local business
* Knowledgeable about presentation software
* Receptive to work in an environment of change and new opportunities
* Portrays a positive, can-do attitude
* Bachelor's Degree Preferred
* Previous work in outside sales or media is a plus but not necessary. Gray Television offers comprehensive training for new Account Executives.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1ye0-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.