WSAV NEWS 3, an NBC affiliate, is looking for a quick-thinking, creative producer to craft a morning newscast that truly reflects what viewers need to be ready for the day.
Stackers need not apply. Emphasis must be on what's new, breaking news and what's coming up today held together with tight writing, smart use of video and sound and with clear showcasing of our on-air team's talents.
Join an aggressive team that loves to try new ideas and live in one of the south's most beautiful and historic cities.
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift