WSAV-TV in beautiful and warm Savannah, Georgia is hiring an experienced Production Specialist to be a Newscast Director/Editor/Photographer. This is a great position to put all your skills to use in a job where the assignment can change daily in a place that has all the newest technology. This multi-faceted job requires solid experience directing daily studio newscasts, using ENPS newsroom software and the latest Sony ELC (Enhanced Live Control) Production System with Vinten/Hitachi robotic camera system. Experience on this machine or a similar automation system is required. We will train you to operate our equipment, but this job is not for beginners on automation.
Directing studio newscasts will be your main duty but there are many other parts of the job to put your skills and abilities to work.
Such as directing or being a replay operator as part of our remotes team using the latest Newtek Tricaster 8000 and 3Play 425 equipment. You'll need great editing skills using Adobe Premier to put together commercials and work on marketing projects. You'll work with our Production crew shooting with news team members, editing projects daily and we'll put your creative talents to work on long form programming for our daily lifestyle show and other long form specials. You'll be shooting anything from live sports, single person interviews to multi-camera commercial client projects. Field experience in audio is a big plus. Audio in our mobile unit is mixed on a Behringer X32 console. Use of a wide range of professional video cameras, DSLR cameras, wired and wireless microphones, LED lighting in the field and studio is essential.
Candidates must be willing and physically able to spend long days and nights in the summer heat of South Georgia setting up for remote High School football broadcasts from August through November, doing the show then striking and packing all the gear on location. Experience on an expert level with most of these field jobs is required for consideration.
You must be able to pass GA DOT certification for commercial driver. You must be willing and able to be trained to drive a large truck (Ford F250) and expertly tow and maneuver our 24-foot production trailer.
If you are a master of most of these disciplines, we would be willing to train the right directing candidate on our Sony ELC system. But the expectation is you would hit the ground running on everything else described here. This is not your typical director position but a great job in media doing just about everything in a super nice, newly renovated building with all the latest and greatest gear. Future advancement potential is wide open as you'll be part of the largest owner of local broadcast stations in the country with stations just about everywhere.
• Directing newscasts in studio using Grass Valley Ignite Production System and ENPS Newsroom software
• Edit video using Adobe Premier
• Photographer using various professional video cameras and DSLR's
• Location Production - Director, replay operator, photographer, audio operator
• Assist in setup of location broadcasts
• Assist in repair and upkeep of studio, sets and production equipment
• Pass GA DOT driver certification and drive truck towing 24 foot production trailer
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum of two years of television directing experience preferred
• Working knowledge of television production techniques and experience with production automation is necessary
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Creative decision-making skills
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Knowledge of professional audio/video equipment
• Knowledge of professional audio and/or video editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards
• Physical Demands & Work Environment:
A Director must be able to sit for long periods of time directing newscasts and other programs, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Director must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to pass GA DOT drivers certification and drive truck towing large trailer.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.