WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks an experienced and credible Weekend Meteorologist to forecast Rochester's constantly changing weather. Produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
• Ensures all content meets standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating weather programming.
• Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Writes and reports live and recorded news stories as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology.
• Minimum two years' experience in weather reporting and anchoring preferred.
• Strong understanding of Meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting lake effect snow.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad lib.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d226n2-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.