WROC-TV NEWS8, a CBS Affiliate seeks an assertive and creative Senior Producer to oversee daily news coverage and showcasing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervises and trains reporters and producers.
• Oversees newscasts and special programming across all platforms.
• Works with management team on planning, hiring and staff development.
• Reviews scripts, ensuring accuracy, fairness and ethical journalism.
• Contributes content to digital and social media platforms.
• Produces daily newscasts as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English with excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum three years' experience in news operations and/or producing preferred.
• Proficiency with computers and familiarity with CMS and social media platforms.
• Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations is crucial.
• Flexibility to work different hours and shifts.
• Possesses vision, a strong news judgment and an ability to showcase news through the use of graphics and animations.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.