WROC-TV 8 is proud to be Rochester's first TV station! For over 70 years, we have been passionately committed to serving our local community and local businesses with best in class journalism and marketing consulting services. We are located in a quiet neighborhood with free parking, easy access to downtown, interstates, Park Avenue shops and restaurants, and the East Avenue Wegmans. Our historic station features a state-of-the-art studio, award-winning News and Creative Services departments, and a long tradition of solid journalism, including our recent National Edward R. Murrow Award for Social Media.
To learn more about our hometown of Rochester, NY, click here - https://www.rochesterbiz.com/live/quality-of-life
Position Summary: WROC-TV 8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks a detail-oriented Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will possess strong customer service skills, have the ability to prioritize tasks and remain professional at all times. We are looking for someone who is energetic and passionate about their job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage our front desk and lobby, welcome visitors, answer phone calls and respond to emails in a friendly and professional manner.
• Supervising incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries. (UPS, FedEx, Amazon, etc.)
• Clerical support for accounts receivable/payable as needed including logging of incoming checks.
• Order and maintain supplies as needed.
• Serve as liaison for station with various station venders and support technicians.
• Support the Sales department with updating rate cards, TV and Digital order entry, creating and maintaining sales collateral, managing pre/post logs for clients, and additional client correspondence as needed.
• Assistance with sales inventory maximization functions. (Media Traffic experience a plus)
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum of two years administrative assistant and/or receptionist experience.
• Organization and prioritization a must.
• Ability to create and edit accurate documents using proper spelling, punctuation and grammar.
• Proficiency with MS Office specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic systems and/or media traffic experience a plus.
• Exceptional attendance record.
• High School diploma, some college preferred.
• Must be able to pass criminal background check.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jz47-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.