Position Summary: WROC-News 8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks an authoritative, detail-oriented individual to coordinate the efforts of the Production team during newscasts, live, and recorded productions. The Director is the driving force in making our newscasts stand out from the competition; creating visually, exciting and error free newscasts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervises and assigns duties to staff in technical control and production of programs.
• Directs and trains camera operators on shot composition.
• Works closely with Engineering, Production and News Producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast.
• Operates graphic system and gives direction at the same time during live broadcasts.
• Ensures news equipment is in excellent working condition.
• Motivates and directs employees in sub-control; assists management with evaluations.
• Assists Producers in blocking the show.
• Develops new camera angles and shots for newscast.
• Performs other management requests and related duties as required.
• Helps edit newscasts or review video and graphics.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production.
• Xpression graphics & Avid Newscutter editing experience a plus.
• Fluency in English with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
• Available to work extended hours if needed.
Salary Range: $15.25- $15.50 Hourly
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61j8q-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.