News Production Assistant - PT
WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks a Part-Time Production Assistant to coordinate the efforts of various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts. The Part-time Production Assistant is expected to be a driving force in making our newscasts stand out from the competition helping to create visually an exciting and error free newscasts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Composes and frames camera shots, and applies the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by Directors.
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure, and lighting as requested.
• Operates technical equipment during live broadcasts, including studio cameras and lower-third graphics.
• Confers with studio crew to discuss sequences, effects, camera movements, and lighting requirements.
• Tests, cleans, maintains, and repairs camera equipment.
• Shoots video for news reports.
• Edits video content prior to newscasts.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
• Minimum one year's experience working in a television broadcasting environment.
• Deko, Photoshop a plus, and broadcast equipment experience preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
• Available to work extended hours when needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0e296-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.