WROC-TV8, the CBS affiliate in Rochester New York, is seeking an experienced Co-Anchor to join our established evening news team. The right candidate will not only be great on the anchor desk but will also have a passion for local storytelling. We need a journalist who knows how to produce broadly relevant enterprise, stories that alert, empower and protect our viewers. Plays an active role in the daily process to identify topics for coverage and showcases the content in our newscasts. And has pride and ownership in their work and will bring this passion to each story and newscast.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Co-Anchors the evening news on a daily basis.
• Represents the station and promotes the brand across all platforms.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Ability to ad-lib in breaking news situations.
• Works closely with News Producers in writing scripts, editing copy, and creating show rundowns.
• Demonstrates leadership within the Newsroom, working in conjunction with the News Director.
• Directs and mentors' members of the News staff.
• Ensures that news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Researches and analyzes background information for news stories to provide relevant and accurate information.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Promotes good citizenship and makes a positive impact on the communities we serve.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum five to eight years of experience in news reporting and anchoring preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Creative, solutions-driven front runner with a passion for this industry.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to perform independently.
• Charismatic, authoritative on-air presence, comfortable ad-libbing at length with co-hosts and on-air guests.
• Excellent news judgment with expansive knowledge of local and national current events.
• Flexibility to work different hours and shifts.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzn1k2-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.