WROC-TV in Rochester, NY is looking for a Morning Meteorologist with a track record of covering breaking weather, precision forecasting and confidently communicating on all platforms. Rochester is a challenging weather market that will test the forecast muscle of even the most seasoned meteorologists, and we're looking for someone who is up to that challenge. We're one of the snowiest cities in the country during winter and we aggressively track severe thunderstorms during the summer. The ideal candidate will have the forecast chops to handle that wide meteorological range and the dynamic personality to actively engage viewers each morning. We're looking for someone who shines on-air, but also is a leader in the digital space and on social media.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as primary Meteorologist for our Sunrise & Noon newscasts
• Respond to breaking and/or severe weather events as required to produce content for our digital platforms.
• Work closely with the weather team to support and extend comprehensive weather coverage on our digital platforms.
• Interact with our audience on station-branded digital and social media accounts.
• Participate in promotional activities including public appearances as needed.
Requirements & Skills:
• Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of accurate forecasting.
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with on-camera weather presentation required.
• Strong command of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to shoot video and perform non-linear editing a plus.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record required.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.