News 8 WROC-TV in Rochester, New York is hiring a Digital Content Producer to join our well-established and growing digital team. The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for creating website articles, multimedia stories, original native videos, and more for our station's various digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to assist with content gathering, video editing, web posting, producing live digital programming, social media monitoring and more tasks associated with the ever-evolving industry of digital media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Digital Content Producers will work in the newsroom writing, aggregating, and publishing news stories, videos, and multimedia elements to our station's digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in web content production, writing, and journalism, have a working knowledge of the digital media landscape.
• Strong writing and editing skills, with attention to detail and knowledge of AP style
• Proficiency in web content management systems
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of online news journalism and best practices
• Basic clipping and editing of video for digital delivery
• Optimizing on-air assets for our various digital platforms
• Determine a story's emphasis, length, format and organizes material accordingly
• Creates engaging stories, videos and imagery for our viewers specific to platforms
• Posting updates and content to our station's website and social media handles
• Flexibility with working any and all shifts, including nights and/or weekends
• Copy editing and correcting content across our various digital platforms
• Ability to research and analyze background information related to news stories
• Gathers information through research, interviews, experience, or attendance of events
• Ensures that all content meets station standards for integrity and production quality
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in journalism and 2+ years of newsroom experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk9v8-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.