New Business & Digital Account Executive
WRLH FOX Richmond, a Sinclair Broadcasting station located in Richmond, VA, is seeking an enterprising and results-driven Sales Manager. Sinclair Broadcasting is leading the industry with the best broadcast and digital products available.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in broadcast and digital sales and leading teams to success.
FOX Richmond serves the growing community in and around Richmond, VA. We have the best programming in the market, led by our 10pm local news and Sports. Richmond, with one of the fastest growing millennial populations in the US, is the capital of Virgina and home to many universities including VCU and the University of Richmond.
The Sales Manager will be a strong leader, have excellent interpersonal skills, be a creative thinker and have a willingness to learn. We are looking for someone who can lead our experienced and growing sales team through the ever-evolving world of cross-platform integrated solutions.
• Build a well-developed, customer-centric and solution-oriented sales team
• Recruit, train and develop high performing sale talent
• Consistently support the sales team in both digital and new business development, leveraging client-centric solution selling
• Provide clear and measurable goals to the sales team
• Facilitate consistent and structured team meetings to create dialogue on performance against goals and identify tactics to address gaps
• Develop targeted team sales training and skill-building activities
• Recognize and reward high performance
• Develop a pipeline of qualified candidates for the sales team
• Create and execute strategic sales plans, annually, quarterly and monthly, to achieve sales goals in alignment with revenue expectations
• Inventory is sold at the highest possible rate to maximize revenue
• Collect and analyze monthly and quarterly revenue forecast information for sellers on a weekly basis
• Review and resolve preemptions daily and manage sales orders and inventory
• Meet or exceed budgets in digital, new business, local and national sales
• Ensure each sales person achieves revenue targets across transactional, new, and digital business lines
• Implement creative, revenue-building ideas
• Meet with vendors and potential vendors to improve existing and develop new programs as well as find and develop new initiatives and programs to advance the digital team
• Manage client results, satisfaction and retention
• Attend sales meetings with key clients to accelerate the sales cycle, grow the account, and demonstrate commitment to client success
• Retention targets are established and achieved for the station and individual Marketing Consultants
• Effective management of sales operations
• Marketing Consultants are competent in the CRM, traffic systems, credit procedures, selling strategies, inventory management, competitive positioning, ratings and research software
• Provide accurate weekly forecast of local sales to General Manager
• Review all local orders for accuracy, rate integrity and inventory availability
• Work with the GM & Traffic on inventory management and control
• Review spotlight report and aging to secure collections in accordance with Sinclair Broadcasting policies
• Strong performance of local, regional and national accounts
• Local, regional and national account makegoods are addressed
• Political activity reports are up-to-date
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in local media (broadcast and digital) sales management, with the proven ability to grow new and existing customers in both broadcast and digital sales.
• Experience building and growing a sales team
• CRM and sales operations experience
• Proven success in developmental business and multimedia platforms including web and mobile applications
• Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset
• Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives, social media and content
• Hands on experience developing new business as a skilled negotiator and motivator, a proven track record of digital success
• An excellent understanding of tv and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
• Strong understanding of the changing landscape of integrated marketing
• Ability to anticipate, meet and/or exceed customer needs, wants and expectations
• The ability to adapt to all situations and personality types in the sales staff and client base
Bachelor's Degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!