- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WRIC, 8News in Richmond, Virginia is searching for a hands-on, engaged journalist for the position of MORNING EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a newscast producer who desires to coach and mentor our news and production staff. The Executive Producer supervises news content across all media platforms.
• Responsible for overseeing writing, production, and timing of broadcast.
• Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives.
• Manage newsroom, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices.
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
• Financial management.
Requirements & Skills:
Education/Experience: Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent. At least 3 years' experience in television news producing.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress office environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Some travel may be required. As needed, must be willing to work weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), overnights/early mornings, nights, and holidays.
The employee in this position must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Candidate must be willing and able to work all shifts, including nights and weekends, and holidays.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.