Digital Content Producer
Digital news producers at WRIC ABC 8News are leading the transition from broadcast-focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms by creating original content beyond what goes on television. Our digital producers have excellent news judgment and never miss a breaking news story. They're also on top of trending topics and ensure that our digital products are fresh and engaging.
At 8News, digital producers:
• Report and write stories daily
• Edit stories daily
• Post content on our website and manage the website, especially the homepage
• Decide which stories are breaking news, which stories should be at the top of the website and which stories from our news partners will also be important to our local audience
• Love breaking news and the challenge of reporting a big story
• Create engaging social media content with graphics, wit and timeliness
You'll be expected to:
• Ensure that everything we publish meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Increase the number of times people come to our website through effective content management
• Make decisions using audience data
• Research and analyze background information for a variety of topics. This goes hand in hand with daily reporting and editing
• Pitch on-brand local and trending stories
• Conduct interviews with sources
• Demonstrate top-notch communication skills with co-workers and the public
• Meet the physical demands of the job including working in the office or outdoors
• Flexibility to work any shift
• And of course, perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will:
• Have an undergraduate degree in mass communications, journalism or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Have experience writing for a daily newspaper and/or news website
• Have comprehensive knowledge of reporting, sourcing, transparency and journalism ethics, with a commitment to integrity and accuracy
• Have experience publishing content online, especially with WordPress
• Understand and use AP style
• Same for SEO – understand it, use it.
• Be familiar with photo editing software, basic video editing software and basic HTML
• Be comfortable working with different technologies – it's always changing
• Participate and cooperate
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61jyq-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.