Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)/Sports Reporter
WRGB/WCWN is looking for a Multi-Media Journalist and Sports Reporter. Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You'll also be covering sports throughout the capital region, going beyond reporting scores and highlights to tell engaging sports stories involving semi-professional sports teams, collegiate coverage, high school prep athletes and teams and community sports. Find the stories students, parents, grandparents, teachers and all of the community will want to see! You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
Skills and Experience:
• Sharp news judgment, with ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
• Excellent technical skills: must be able to shoot, write, edit and produce your content
• The ability to work well independently
• Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to maintain an active social media presence
• Knowledge of local and regional sports teams and programs and their schedules
• Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
Requirements and Qualifications:
• A minimum of two years reporting experience is required
• Experience with live shots is required
• Experience with Live-U is a plus
• Knowledge of AVID editing and I-News is a big plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $18.19 to $20.19 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpyq59-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.