Breaking News Anchor/Producer
WREG News Channel 3 in Memphis, Tennessee is looking for a self-motivated breaking news anchor and content producer to join our number one morning team. The ideal candidate must have strong on-camera presence, exceptional news judgment and robust experience producing content in a high-pressure television news environment. They must be able to closely collaborate with a team while being able to work independently.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produce breaking news content for WREG's morning newscast
• Excel in breaking news situations, accurately reporting and updating information as it happens
• Strong and engaging on-camera presence
• Utilize all available sources to find breaking news wherever it is happening
• Work closely with assignment editors, broadcast & digital producers, and newsroom managers to coordinate coverage
Requirements and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• At least two years' work experience
• Must have current reel showcasing your work
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
The Breaking News Anchor/Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Breaking News Anchor/Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Statement about Other Duties
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change, or exigencies require it.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pqp3-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.