WRDW-TV/WAGT-TV is located in Augusta, Georgia, and has a rich community presence spanning 65 years. It's award-winning news team has been recognized with national, regional, and state honors including 4 national and 19 regional Murrow Awards. As the market's CBS and NBC affiliate, the news team produces 40 hours of news weekly and also has a robust online presence. In February of 2021, the station launches in its new facility complete with state of the art technology and employee amenities. Augusta, Georgia is known as home of the Masters and the Garden City, located 2 hours from the beach, 3 hours from the mountains. It's a great place to work and play with a team dedicated to high journalistic standards.
WRDW-TV/WAGT-TV has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Producer/Reporter to join our growing news team. Position involves locating, creating, and showcasing content online.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather and verify factual information through email, phone calls, and other forms of communication from organizations, news photographers, news reporters, news producers, and in-house co-workers.
- Assist in our digital effort to create and showcase content utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
- Work closely with news managers, producers, assignment editors, reporters, photographers, and weather and sports departments in determining content needs and how to most effectively deliver on those needs.
- Enhance and empower others to make content stronger with graphics, research, and station branding.
• Successful applicant's background must include, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism, mass communications, or a related field. He/she must be a self-starter, with knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as website publishing. Meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r07vnm-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.