The CBS affiliate WRBL-TV in Columbus, GA seeks a Digital Multi-Media Journalist to gather, craft, and present content for online, social media platforms, and occasionally for broadcast.
Duties (including but not limited to):
• Develop strong sources and solidify presence on all key beats
• Pitch and break enterprise news stories (daily) online, on social media channels, and occasionally for broadcast.
• Produce strong copy with correct grammar, punctuation, editorial style, and formatting to meet the requirements of each digital, social, and on-air distribution platform
• Produce video and audio content of varying formats to meet the requirements of each digital, social, and on-air distribution platform
• Update and maintain online & social media presence to connect and converse with audience and generate story leads and content
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity, timeliness, and production quality
• Report live (daily) online, on social media channels, and occasionally for broadcast.
• Communicate clearly, directly, and regularly with news teammates and other station departments
• Serve as an ambassador to the community by representing the station at community events and activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong news judgment and journalistic integrity
• Mastery of AP writing style for the authoring of digital, social, and on-air content
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Low-to-Zero call/approach reluctance
• Never miss a deadline -- Highly organized and manages time very well
• Work well under pressure --- Ability to handle breaking news and last-minute changes with aplomb
• Professional, collegial demeanor with colleagues and with members of the public
• Strong, candid knowledge of self and your capabilities and the willingness to take action to learn, improve, and grow
• Strong working knowledge of a digital content web publishing system
• Strong working knowledge of social media platforms publishing and metrics dashboards
• Ability to engage with viewers to cultivate story leads on social media platforms
• Confident and capable videographer who understands the components of visual storytelling and is able to gather compelling visuals, strong natural sound, and solid interviews with field video gear
• Working knowledge of still cameras
• Strong non-linear video editing skills required. Familiarity with Adobe Premiere video editing software preferred.
• Familiarity with ENPS rundown and story management system preferred
• Ability to operate field live transmission unit essential --- TVU experience preferred
• Mastery of smart phone hardware and mobile app operation
• Valid driver's license required. A clean driving record required and must be maintained to confidently and safely operate company motor vehicles.
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist (Digital) must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
In addition, the successful applicant must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
Repetitive movements are required.
Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Make sure your resume and/or other submissions include active links to your most recent video resume reels.
After completing the online application, feel free to follow up by emailing your resume and cover letter to News Director Gene Kirkconnell email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled