WQRF-TV and WTVO-TV in Rockford, IL are looking for an individual to be our Weekend Meteorologist and Photojournalist/Editor.
Summary of position:
This is an entry-level training position for someone who will aid in the writing and production of evening newscasts
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
• Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Shoot weather & news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Shoot and edit video.
• Write, copy editing, researching and coordinating news and weather content
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
• Writes web stories detailing the local forecast.
Work experience and education required for position:
Meteorology studies, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Ability to identify the developmental needs of others & to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills. Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners and other office equipment. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks. Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems & communicate with a team to shape a solution. Strong understanding of the field of meteorology. Valid driver's license with a good driving record. Flexibility to work any shift.
Special Skills Required:
Fluency in English. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Broadcast Journalism studies, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. The ability to ad lib when required. Superior on-air presence.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7mqp-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.