Are you just getting started in Broadcast TV, and need some challenging & rewarding work experience? Join the WQAD Production Department, and you will receive training on state-of-the-art equipment, and work with some of the most knowledgeable experts in the field! The WQAD Production Department is a proven leader with a prestigious history in the Quad City market, and is currently seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and motivated Director to enhance an already dynamic technical team! Expect to actively engage in a comprehensive training program designed to develop the next generation of broadcast Directors! You will master knowledge and skills that will equip you to meet the challenges and demands of the ever-changing broadcast field. If you can adapt to change quickly, think critically, seek innovative solutions, develop a vision & plan for projects, and inspire others, then hurry and apply today!
• Discuss content, scripting, sequencing, and technical issues with writers, producers, reporters, photographers, and editors. Develop a production plan for Live News Broadcasts.
• Organize & complete all necessary preproduction needs for daily broadcasts. Accurately code scripts with proper camera shots, microphones, video, and music commands using newsroom scripting software.
• Operate Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control system during live broadcasts, which includes robotic camera operation, manually adjusting automated audio controls, and navigating the program rundown.
• Communicate with various personnel during live broadcasts to ensure the accurate technical execution.
• Basic maintenance of studio sets, equipment, and lighting grid.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ross Overdrive APC operation including: Ross Vision 2X video switcher, Robotic Cameras, Automated Audio, newsroom scripting software.
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, and basic Graphic Design principles.
• Excellent written communication skills (including handwriting, keyboarding, grammar & spelling).
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Ability to make decisions and react quickly & calmly to unexpected program changes, equipment malfunctions, and Breaking news/severe weather coverage.
• Must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one).
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r033m1-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.