WQAD News 8 is looking for a talented leader and journalist to oversee the producing of our morning show and co-anchor the 2 ½ hour long newscast. We are looking for a person who is a leader that can deliver great content to our viewers every morning.
• Oversee the producing of the morning show
• Approve and write news stories for on-air broadcasting.
• Teach our producers to write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
• Research and teach how to research for facts and credibility.
• Enterprise news stories.
• Coach journalists how to write for broadcast including using graphics.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
• Use time after the morning show to plan ahead to the next day/week/month.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 3+ years of experience preferred, including supervision and leadership of other journalists
• Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnyn51-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.