Digital Line Producer
CBS Television Stations
• Identify, acquire and analyze data sets of potential interest to WPVI and ABC OTV.
• Report revelatory news stories that serve our communities and hold local leaders accountable. Data journalists on the ABC OTV data team are not just gathering numbers to hand off to other reporters, but rather working in collaboration with producers, reporters, investigators and others to get to the bottom of important stories.
• Collaborate with reporters and producers, across multiple newsrooms, to develop broadcast, streaming and digital content based in data, but supported by context and people-first storytelling.
• Be an advocate and resource for data journalism within WPVI and ABC OTV.
• Collaborate with videographers, editors, graphic artists and digital producers to bring data to life on television – and on all digital and emerging platforms.
• Ability to write quickly and accurately and with an eye for brevity and clarity.
• Established competence with using Excel and advanced data analysis platforms to develop news stories from data; experience in coding and data visualization are a plus.
• Ability to work collaboratively across newsrooms and disciplines.
• Self-starter able to work independently and to hone news judgment and story sense.
• Technical aptitude to learn new software skills, including programming and automation.
• Understanding of the importance of local accountability and solutions journalism.
• Detail-oriented in handling of large datasets, with a focus on accuracy and fairness.
• Up to date on developments, trends and tools in the data journalism space.
• Track record, documented by work samples, of delivering high-impact local journalism.
• Experience working in a local newsroom environment and passion for local journalism. An academic newsroom environment is acceptable, if it resulted in public-facing work
• Experience working in a video or television news environment is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Degree or equivalent work experience demonstrating data journalism proficiency.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.