- Full Time
Job DescriptionLocal News Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)
WPTZ/WNNE, the Hearst Television, NBC affiliate in the Burlington , VT/Plattsburgh, NY market is looking for a Multimedia Journalist who can identify important story ideas, shoot and edit video news packages and present in a compelling manor. The Multimedia Journalist is motivated, loves telling stories and is prepared to deliver them LIVE. You will report to the Assistant News Director and be based out of our Upper Valley Bureau in Lebanon, NH.
• Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Coverage of breaking news, weather and sports
• Put together high-quality packages
• Collaborate with reporters on packages, special reports and documentaries
• Develop sources, create story ideas, and produce content on-air, online, and all digital platforms
• Shoot live shots and live interviews, and track news stories
• Professional or schooling experience in television news reporting, photography and editing
• Creative writer and editor
• Must deliver with authenticity to connect with viewers
• Can provide samples of reporting and photography
• Experience developing local contacts
• Experience shooting and editing high-quality video
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe3bm-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.