General Sales Manager
WPTZ and WNNE, the NBC and CW affiliates in beautiful Burlington, VT is looking for a General Sales Manager with a passion for our business and a record of success. Candidates should have motivational and sales skills along with experience of 3+ years as a General Sales Manager or Local Sales Manager, or equivalent experience. Candidates should also have skills in budgeting, forecasting, managing inventory, recruiting accomplished salespeople, and generating revenue. You will report to the General Manager.
• Energize and lead our sales team to achieve station goals on all platforms.
• Develop, implement, and communicate sales strategies and action plans
• Manage stations inventory and rates
• Meet with clients and advertisers to maintain high visibility in the community
• Create and manage non-traditional revenue and new business projects
• Work with our promotions department to create sales opportunities.
• Work with General Manager and other department managers to accomplish station goals
• Three years broadcast sales management experience
• Experience with transactional, new business, digital and multi-platform sales
• Strong motivational and sales skills to lead our team to success.
• Must have the ability to price, forecast, and budget and implement a clear plan and vision
• Creative selling abilities
• Valid driver's license and reliable automobile
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible, and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqex6m-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.