WPTZ/NBC, the Hearst Television station in the Burlington/Plattsburgh market, is seeking a Chief Photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. Exceptional organization, motivation and management skills are critical. Excellent video and editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, and effective communication style at all levels and the highest journalistic standards are a must. Our Chief Photographer is also a team leader, who provides regular feedback and mentorship to our team of photographers and MMJ's.
• Trains, manages, evaluates and develops a team of photographers and MMJ's
• Shooting and editing of VO' s, VO-sots and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
• A team leader who ensures our look and sound are among the best in the market.
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
• In-person attendance is required. Position is based in South Burlington, VT, but could cover stories throughout our market.
• Prior management experience required.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Excellent managerial skills
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient Operation on TVU packs
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news or related field or related experience
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29nq2-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.