South Burlington, VT
WPTZ/WNNE, a Hearst Television Inc., NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market has a rare opportunity for a weekday evening Anchor. Our anchors are leaders in our newsroom, guiding and mentoring less experienced journalists in our organization. Our anchors enterprise and deliver news for multiple platforms, including TV, digital and mobile. In addition to anchoring newscasts, this employee will gather, generate and produce stories and series.
• Anchor one or more newscasts
• Special reporting duties as needed (sweeps, series, leads)
• Be available for breaking news coverage as needed
• Perform public appearances, when needed, to further the image of the station.
• Provide content for our television and digital platforms.
• 2-3 years' experience, with significant reporting/anchoring responsibilities
• Knowledge of New York/New England a plus
• Strong storytelling and live skills
• Excellent writing and editing abilities
• Solid news judgment
• Ability to mentor and mold less experience journalists in a calm and reassuring fashion
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism/Communications or related
• Military experience and training will be considered
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.