East Providence, RI
WPRI-TV has an open position for an Investigative Producer/MMJ.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Research, shoot, write, and edit investigative content.
• Generate unique story ideas that exemplify the Eyewitness News brand.
• File and track state and federal public records requests.
• Retrieve and review court, police, and other government documents.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, data review and research.
• Familiar with state and federal public records laws.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment and editing software.
• Demonstrate knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
• Strong organizational skills and a grasp of current events.
Education/Experience: Minimum of (3) three years of experience in broadcast journalism and/or a background in an investigative field. Candidates should also have a fundamental understanding of broadcast technology and script writing.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of camera, computer and editing machine, and transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and acceptable driving record are required. May require early or late hours, and possibly weekends.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.