WPIX is looking for a Photographer/Editor. The News Photographer operates television or video cameras to record images or scenes for news reports.
• Shoots video for news reports
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content
• Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations
• Partners with reporters to develop creative, visually appealing & impactful stories
• Works efficiently and effectively under extremely tight deadlines on a daily basis
• Good judgment skills are a must.
• Comprehensive understanding of ethical and legal issues concerning daily newsgathering. Must routinely use appropriate journalistic standards and guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Must possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
• Candidates will be accountable for assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, laptop, writing trouble reports when necessary.
• Applicants must be flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays. Must have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in broadcast television.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience operating video recording equipment (More for larger markets and less for smaller markets)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with video recording equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift