WPIX is looking for a News Editor/ NewsCenter Coordinator. The News Editor/News Center Technician edits news packages and other content for the PIX11 broadcast as well as operate the feed control room in a fast-paced News/Production content creation environment. This position will act as primary liaison between the field and studio operations. Responsible for recording and labeling media, tuning in satellite, microwave, bonded cellular and video streams from multiple sources.
• Edit News packages and segments combining raw footage and audio, photo stills, graphics, archival video, etc.
• Work with producers and supervisors on revisions through delivery.
• Address creative and technical notes from colleagues, including executive management, through delivery Deliver a finished video or elements for various platforms and distribution needs
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and web content
• Partners with reporters to develop creative, visually appealing & impactful stories
• operate the feed control room in a fast-paced News/Production content creation environment. This position will act as primary liaison between the field and studio operations. Responsible for recording and labeling media, tuning in satellite, microwave, bonded cellular and video streams from multiple sources
• What you bring to the team:
• 3+ year's experience as a video editor Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro Familiarity with a fast-paced post-production environment
• Works efficiently and effectively under extremely tight deadlines daily
• Good judgment skills are a must.
• Must routinely use appropriate journalistic standards and guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Fluency in English.
• Applicants must be flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must have a College degree or at least 3 to 5 years of experience in broadcast television.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with video recording equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz58y-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.