WPIX11 is looking for a Production Assistant (Coordinator) to assist all aspects of newsgathering and production in our dynamic multi-platform operation.
The ideal candidate should be highly organized and have a strong interest in local news. The Production Assistant will assist writers, producers, reporters and managers with daily news operations.
This includes – but is not limited to – video production, digital production, research and assignment desk duties.
The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
• Running the teleprompter
• Assisting the assignment desk
• Light video editing
• Write and produce content for digital platforms, including PIX11.com and affiliated social media accounts
• Identify local and national stories targeting PIX11's audience demographic, as well as trending content that will outperform online
• Logging events and press conferences
• Researching and setting up stories
• Field producing
Bachelors Degree – Communications or Journalism preferred
Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays
Strong interest in current events and local news
Ability to work under pressure
You must be able to work under pressure and have schedule flexibility.
The job will require working weekends, nights and overnights.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xzvv-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.