Data Journalism Fellow
WPHL-TV, a Nexstar Broadcasting station, has an opening for an Anchor to work in our Philadelphia location.
• Deliver news-related stories to the market, familiarizing yourself with the script in order to read it well and conversationally on air during multi-hour morning show
. PHL17 morning news, is a fun, fast paced show with plenty of banter between anchors on set and reporters in the field. The ability to adlib and be a member of the ''cast'' is critical to the continued success and growth of the show.
• Prepare and write copy for newscast and web
• Write news information for the station's internet website, social media, and other enterprises as required
• Review and scrutinize the copy written by less senior reporters and MMJ's to prepare the story for air
• Involvement in community events as directed by the station (As needed)
• Fill in for other anchors to cover vacation and other time off (As needed)
• This position may occasionally be called on to provide special reports for the newscasts (As needed)
• Ability to ad lib during both breaking news situations, and for lighter talk segments.
• Stay up to date on what's trending both locally and nationally
• Interact with guests both live in studio and live on location in the field
• Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a combination of equivalent experience as a television journalist.
• 2+ years experience anchoring newscasts in a top 50 market
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of newsroom computer systems and editing
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.