Multimedia Journalist - WPGA
MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST - WPGA (Macon, GA)
WPGA joined the Gray Television family in 2023 completing the company's presence in every television market in Georgia. Through a collaboration with WANF, WPGA will serve the Macon area with local and statewide news, weather, sports, and entertainment.
WPGA is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to help build our Macon news operation from the ground up. With the power of Gray Television's sister stations in every television market in Georgia, including Atlanta News First, you will shape the future of WPGA. We're looking for journalists who can pitch enterprise stories, research, shoot, write, and edit their stories. This position can launch a journalism career and/or give a Macon native the opportunity to serve the community for years to come. Invest in this community and culture, and we'll invest in you.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Pitch enterprise stories daily
- Cover breaking/ spot news
- Drive to/from stories shoot video, write scripts for both broadcast & digital platforms, and edit stories (VO, VOSOT, PKG)
- Present stories live in the field and in the studio
- Anchor from the live digital news desk
- Strong news judgment
- Tell compelling stories under tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications or equivalent
- Solid skills in broadcast-style writing
- Knowledge of digital and social media
- Compelling on-camera presence
- Must live in/ relocate to the Macon television market
- Must provide a link to samples of work
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references (provide link samples of work)
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WPGA-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xez9-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.