West Palm Beach, FL
WPEC is looking for an experienced and creative News Producer. A team player who loves the energy and storytelling of a great news show. This position will work closely with the EP, Director, Assignment Desk and Anchors on the daily show as well as finding and crafitng content focused on our target audience. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts and support the multi-platform effort in showcasing content from your show. Must be willing to work weekend mornings.
The ideal candidate:
• Solid news judgment/awareness.
• Able to write concise, compelling copy and teases.
• Knows how to handle breaking news from the booth.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong communication skills
• Able to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving ability
• Self-starter, comfortable working independently
• Proficient with non-linear editing and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• 2 years experience in a commercial TV news environment.
• Bachelor's Degree. Broadcast Journalism or related major a plus.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!