WPEC is looking for a Newscast Director / Editor. We are looking for someone with at least 1-3 years experience. You should have experience directing fast-paced newscasts with multiple live shots, graphics, video animations and multiple studio cameras. Must have strong organizational skills, be self-motivated and have a good visual sense. Must be able to work well under pressure, thrive on deadlines and work a flexible schedule. Knowledge of Ross Carbonite switching, INews, XPression and Avid editing would be helpful to have.
• Perform any production duties as assigned including:
• Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
• Edit using Avid Media Composer & Media Central to send stories for playout.
• Maintain production studio and control room
• Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
• Experience Directing and TDing newscasts using Ross Carbonite switcher.
• Knowledge of production standards and equipment
• Be able to Edit using Avid Media Composer & Media Central to send stories for playout.
• Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
• Typing and good spelling skills necessary
• Ability to read and write, college degree preferred
• Must be able to lift & position 40 pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkv1o-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.