WPEC has a opening for a creative News Producer! The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of two Regional evening newscasts. This position will also work closely with the News Director, Director, and Reporters on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Must have at least some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
• A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqoymm-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.