WPEC-TV in West Palm Beach, FL is seeking an HR Manager who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll, supporting approximately 120 employees under the general direction of the Corporate Regional HR Manager and the Business Manager. The ideal candidate has a minimum of three years of experience in human resources working in a fast paced environment. Positive attitude, effective communication, follow-through and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. The HR Manager supports processes (almost all paperless) associated with employee lifecycle to include employee relations, recruitment, onboarding/exiting, benefits administration, training and development, and performance management.
You will be involved in a variety of HR functions, including but not limited to:
• Collaborate in a team-based environment, providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture
• Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA and astate and local employment laws
• Review a centralized bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried staff
• Interpret and apply company policies and procedures
• Coordinate onboarding/exiting process, present information and materials and ensure all onboarding /exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems and timeframe
• Support the recruitment process. Ensure compliance with FCC-EEO regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring
• Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication and audit as needed
• Administer leaves of absence according to company policy, and state and local laws, including FMLA and ADA
• Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications
• Maintain confidential, electronic HR records for all employees
• Assist in planning and coordinating trainings, morale events and activities
• Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned
• Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of HR Generalist level experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgement under pressure and in sensitive situations
• A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties
• Organizational and time management skills with expert attention to detail
• Independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload'
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Experience in broadcast industry a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqyjjz-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.