Digital Content Producer (Weekends)
WPEC is seeking a Weekend Digital Content Producer to be a part of our amazing multi-platform team. Our goal is to offer digital and social users coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives and which they cannot find anywhere else.
• Day-to-day production of content for our website, app and social media platforms
• Work with the entire newsroom team on multi-platform strategy
• Support day-of content and ongoing editorial initiatives
Essential Duties and Requirements:
• Solid news judgment and ability to collect and confirm information from primary sources
• Able to write compelling and accurate copy on deadline
• Able to multi-task and manage time efficiently
• Possess strong communication skills
• Able to keep track and consistently execute digital strategies and goals
• Collaborative team-player willing to pitch in where needed
• Able to gather information from various sources and assign crews and gear when necessary
• Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Adobe, Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
• Understanding of CMS tools, SEO guidelines for multiple platforms
• Understanding of how to use video and graphics to support content on all platforms
• Must have at least two years of previous newsroom experience at a commercial TV station or digital news platform
• Bachelor's degree preferred, additional practical experience considered
• Spanish fluency a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwno0-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.