WPBF 25 News, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in West Palm Beach Florida, has an immediate opening for a strong, take-charge Producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive and be able to make decisions and communicate plans in a clear and concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• Self-starter who has a passion for news which includes pitching local enterprise stories as well as have a strong understanding of national/international news
• Must have excellent showcasing and storytelling skills and be an effective tease writer who always looks for the best sound and video
• Strong booth skills, which includes always maintaining a calm and commanding presence, along with experience in wall-to-wall coverage for breaking news and weather
• Aggressive with breaking news coverage
• Team player and good newsroom citizen who actively participates in the daily news gathering process
• Write and post stories daily to our digital and social media platforms
• Use social media platforms to research and write stories for television and digital platforms
• 2 years producing experience
• Creative presentation style
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Understand social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8y66-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.