Palm Beach Gardens, FL
WPBF 25 News, the Hearst Television ABC Affiliate in the West Palm Beach market, is looking for a strong, well-rounded Digital Producer who will creat e content for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller, have strong news judgment and be a multi-tasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the station's website, mobile and social media pages
• Create unique and engaging digital and social media content
• Monitor social media pages for story ideas
• Write compelling headlines and optimize content for SEO and digital best practices
• Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
• Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross-promotion of content across all platforms
• Manage livestreams of newscasts and breaking news
• Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital and social media platforms
• Other duties as required
• Previous digital producing experience required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent AP writing skills
• Basic knowledge of photo and video editing
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Strong understanding of SEO and digital media best practices
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle
• Willing to work during natural disasters and breaking news events
• Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
• College Degree in Journalism or related field
• Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.