WOWT NBC Omaha is your home for local news, weather, sports and entertainment in the heartland. WOWT is a modern facility equipped with state of the art technology, and with our leading broadcast news we provide award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. The Omaha area boasts an array of top attractions that can't be matched, from the World Famous Henry Doorly Zoo, to TD Ameritrade Park home of the NCAA Men's College World Series, and don't forget all of those fantastic award winning restaurants. Omaha is also popular for our booming downtown which is home to a revitalized riverfront and the Historic Old Market. The entire downtown area has been re-imagined with top tier restaurants, shopping, bars, clubs and a variety of art galleries. Want to be in the middle of it all? There are plenty of new and renovated condos ready for you to call home. Omaha is a cultural gem right in the middle of the country.
A Videographer/Multi-Media Journalist will shoot, write and produce content on air and online. He/she will have a demonstrated ability to work individually or as part of a team to produce compelling packages on deadline and the time management skills to produce news stories for WOWT. This is a hybrid position where the successful candidate can work with a reporter or work alone to create content for on-air, online and social media platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Shooting video
• Writing and Editing
• Posting stories on the web
• Posting content to station social media platforms
• Microwave live truck and/or TVU operation
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications is preferred
• Prior experience as a broadcast reporter and/or photojournalist
• Must have solid people skills and be able to function in a ''team'' environment when working with reporters and producers
• Ability to operate under constant deadline pressure
• Strong computer and graphics skills
• Strong writing skills and ability to write accurately and creatively under constant deadline pressure
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5m36-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.