Sales / Administrative Associate - WOWT
WOWT is a modern facility equipped with state of the art technology, and with our leading broadcast news we provide award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Omaha is one of the most progressive cities in the Midwest with a strong market supported by several national industries. The Omaha area boasts an array of top attractions that can't be matched, from the World Famous Henry Doorly Zoo, to the NCAA Men's College World Series. Omaha is popular for our downtown which is home to a revitalized riverfront and the Historic Old Market.
6 WOWT News seeks a Digital Advertising and Broadcast TV Sales Associate to organize, vet and manage all campaign assets for advertisers for cross platforms campaigns. As our digital department grows and evolves, so does our need to add sharp, ambitious, and talented people to our team. The ideal candidate will be answering phone, greeting customers and answering their questions in a friendly, conversational manner. Must be able to communicate effectively with other members of the staff and maintain a professional attitude even in the face of challenges. This position is responsible for scheduling the correct commercials with the appropriate order and for maintaining the records. We're approachable, inclusive and encourage open dialogue within our community. This is a place where your voice matters.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure all media assets are received, cleared, in house, approved and accurate.
• Assist Account Mangers with order inputting, monitoring and optimization and reporting of digital advertising campaigns.
• Input and maintain orders for Account Managers, including data entry into WideOrbit
• Assist in the development of sales proposals and marketing materials
• Assist in the coordination and day of logistics for on air in studio interviews
• Answer phones and keep track of visitors and guests, prepare and distribute daily viewer comments reports.
• Any administrative needs including, but not limited to, correspondence and file maintenance (physical and/or electronic), copying, scanning, special project assistance, etc.
• Meeting and special event needs coordination for GM and Department Heads as requested.
• Track gas expenses for station vehicle and compile reports
• Provide distribution of incoming mail
• Process all Office Supply orders utilizing corporate approved vendors and processing Purchase Orders.
• Serve as primary assistance for staff on copiers and service request contact.
• Oversee and coordinate the commercial copy process which includes, working with agencies and sales team to receive traffic instructions, entering copy instructions into WideOrbit traffic system.
• Maintain of Spot Inventory & server usage by generating purge lists on a monthly basis of spots not needed & track advertiser requests to do so. Assign new numbers as needed and delete unused commercials in a timely manner.
• Assist as needed in project planning and preparation where traffic and automation are impacted.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum High School diploma (prefer at least twelve months post-high school education)
• Basic Microsoft Word Suite (Excel, Power Point and Word)
• How to problem solve efficiently
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Some knowledge of the Advertising, Digital Social and Video industry
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dye5xq-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.