Evening News Anchor
Meteorologist - WOWT
WOWT is a modern facility equipped with state of the art technology, and with our leading broadcast news we provide award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Omaha is one of the most progressive cities in the Midwest with a strong market supported by several national industries. The Omaha area boasts an array of top attractions that can't be matched, from the World Famous Henry Doorly Zoo, to the NCAA Men's College World Series. Omaha is popular for our downtown which is home to a revitalized riverfront and the Historic Old Market.
This position is for a Meteorologist. The purpose of this position is to have qualified individuals prepare and deliver weather forecasts and weather information as part of the overall WOWT presentation. Weather is a critical need for viewers. The public's safety is a vital concern for us and we take our responsibility very seriously.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Analyze weather data and prepare detailed forecasts
• Prepare graphics to support weather presentation
• Conversational On-air presentation
• Flexible schedule for severe weather & winter weather scenarios
• Work closely with news management in designing presentation style and editorial content for weather presentations
• Post content to website
• Post content to station social media platforms
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in meteorology
• Prior experience as a broadcast meteorologist (amount will vary depending on specific position)
• Strong on-air communication skills
• Ability to work as part of an on-air team and part of a weather team
• Knowledge with WSI Max and their various platforms a plus
• Ability to be creative with graphic design and presentation
• Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast weather
• Proficient in social media platforms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d935z7-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.