Meteorologist/Content Producer - WOWT
WOWT is a modern facility equipped with state of the art technology, and with our leading broadcast news we provide award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Omaha is one of the most progressive cities in the Midwest with a strong market supported by several national industries. The Omaha area boasts an array of top attractions that can't be matched, from the World Famous Henry Doorly Zoo, to the NCAA Men's College World Series. Omaha is popular for our downtown which is home to a revitalized riverfront and the Historic Old Market.
The purpose of this position is to have qualified individuals prepare and deliver daily weather forecasts and weather information as part of the overall WOWT 6 News presentation. Weather information is a critical need for viewers. The public's safety is a vital concern for us and we take our responsibility very seriously. Qualified individuals should also have a working knowledge of digital and OTT presentations and will provide television and streaming content on all WOWT 6 News platforms. Reporting as an MMJ/reporter may also be a part the duties of this position as well. WOWT is looking for a candidate who will make a positive contribution in the newsroom and community as a whole.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyze weather data and prepare detailed forecasts
• Prepare graphics to support weather presentation
• Flexible schedule for severe weather & winter weather scenarios
• Work closely with news management in designing presentation style and editorial content for weather presentations.
• Developing and reporting stories
• Preparation of material for delivery of newscasts
• Post content to website and social media platforms
• Bachelor's degree in meteorology
• Prior experience as a broadcast meteorologist
• Strong on-air communication skills
• Ability to work as part of an on-air team and part of a weather team
• Knowledge with WSI Max and their various platforms a plus
• Ability to be creative with graphic design and presentation
• Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast weather
• Proficient in social media platforms
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk5k44-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.