WOWT is a modern facility equipped with state of the art technology, and with our leading broadcast news we provide award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Omaha is one of the most progressive cities in the Midwest with a strong market supported by several national industries. The Omaha area boasts an array of top attractions that can't be matched, from the World Famous Henry Doorly Zoo, to the NCAA Men's College World Series. Omaha is popular for our downtown which is home to a revitalized riverfront and the Historic Old Market.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and project support primarily to the General Manager and Office Manager. With additional daily assistance as needed to the station in all areas including, but not limited to, Sales, News, Engineering and Promotion. The Administrative Assistant also has primary responsibility for front desk operations/functions; providing excellent customer service is one of the most important job duties of an Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate will be greeting customers and answering their questions in a friendly, conversational manner. Must be able to communicate effectively with other members of the staff and maintain a professional attitude even in the face of challenges.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Answer phones and keep track of visitors and guests, prepare and distribute daily viewer comments reports.
• Any administrative needs including, but not limited to, correspondence and file maintenance (physical and/or electronic), copying, scanning, special project assistance, etc.
• Meeting and special event needs coordination for GM and Department Heads as requested.
• Preparation and finalization of FCC Quarterly and Annual reports for WOWT.
• Reconcile daily traffic logs for WOWT, EOWT, IOWT and HOWT.
• Track gas expenses for station vehicle and compile reports.
• Provide HR assistance for WOWT including but not limited to: processing all station job postings and documentation in compliance with FCC EEO mandates; serve as station Safety Coordinator, make recommendations for updating company contingency planning, assist CINTAS personnel and schedule CPR/AED training, serve as Safety Committee Secretary; conduct WOWT intern orientations, process/track all requested shadowing experiences and assist in other ways as designated by the Office Manager.
• Provide distribution of incoming mail.
• Process all Office Supply orders utilizing corporate approved vendors and processing Purchase Orders.
• Serve as primary assistance for staff on copiers and service request contact.
• Plan and schedule programming based on broadcast length, time, availability, and other factors, such as community needs, ratings data, and viewer demographics.
• Ability to perform tasks associated with office duties…
• Operating knowledge of PC's and graphics computers
• Excellent organizational filing skills
• Pre-employment drug screening, and random drug testing
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo2y4-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.