Grand Rapids, MI
• WOOD-TV, WOTV, and WXSP-TV is looking for a dynamic journalist and storyteller to anchor weekend morning newscasts and to report during the week.
• Must have solid vocal delivery and engaging camera presence while joining an ambitious weekend morning team that delivers strong numbers in its time period
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner
• Must have the ability to report on stories of all topics, especially breaking news, generate story ideas, display an on-air presence that is friendly and authoritative, and have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics and use of digital and social media platforms
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Serves as fill-in anchor when needed during the week
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree
• Two years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Understand importance of social media
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Superior on-air presence
• Excellent news judgement with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nm89-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.