Wondery is looking for an Sr Agency Partner to support our rapidly growing business, reporting to our Agency Development Lead. This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing company within an emerging new media space, in a role with broad scope and potential to make a real impact. This person will partner closely with Account Executives to establish Wondery as the leading global podcast ad network. You will be responsible for driving revenue and helping support initiatives across some of our major holding company partners.
This includes executing elements as part of trading agreements and developing relationships with podcast & audio buyers across the industry.
Key job responsibilities
* Act as the primary liaison, escalation point and advisor for our some of our Agency partners in the US
* Establish and foster working relationships with key decision makers at the agency holding company level
* Execute negotiated terms across JBPs, Rates etc that aligns agency and Wondery objectives to maximize growth
* Assist with contact mapping, business reviews, education plans, and communications
* Identify new opportunities / prospective clients from agency partners and route them to appropriate sales teams
* Drive growth and adoption of Wondery's podcast advertising solutions
A day in the life
The ideal candidate will have previously held a similar role scaling audio, video, or content solutions at an entertainment company or agency. Must have a passion for driving net new opportunities to advertisers and ability to build a holistic narrative between suites of solutions. This person must have a consultative approach and help act as a strategic partner to our agency partners to ensure goals are met.
About the team
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, British Scandal, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, Morbid and How I Built This. Wondery was behind eight of the ''Top 25 New Shows of 2022'', according to Podtrac, including Twin Flames, Fed Up and Will be Wild. Over 50 shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Scamfluencers and Twin Flames. Many Wondery podcasts have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death and Joe vs Carole on Peacock and The Shrink Next Door and WeCrashed on Apple TV+. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling. The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery+. With Wondery+, fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening. https://wondery.com/
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of experience in media sales
- 5+ years of experience with entertainment marketing, audio or other media sales
- Experience building client-side media agency partnerships
- Experience using data and analytics to drive sales strategy and results
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent sales experience
- Agency, business development, or sales experience within a digital media company
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $108,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $201,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. This position is eligible for variable pay via a sales compensation plan. These plans pay according to achievement level against sales targets and/or business objectives. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x3y6-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.