Wondery is hiring for a Managing Producer to oversee the production processes for our always-on shows. This role will manage day-to-day production across multiple podcasts and supervise the production of each episode. You will be the main point of contact between your show vertical and marketing, sales, and ad operations to ensure a smooth production process for episodes and deliverables, including building and maintaining calendars, budgets, contracts, and facilitating delivery of assets. Strong organization and communication skills are absolutely essential for this role.
You will report to the Head of Production (who leads a team of managing producers and coordinating producers) and work closely with your show vertical. This is an opportunity to help build and maintain infrastructure and organization for our growing slate of commissioned original shows. We develop premium content and this role is key to building the foundation under each show.
This role can be based in either West Hollywood, CA or Brooklyn, NY.
Key job responsibilities
• Create and oversee production calendars, production budgets, and logistics across all productions.
• Manage deliverable schedules and maintain deadlines.
• Coordinate production logistics with internal staff and external contractors.
• Manage freelance production personnel (Editors, Writers, Sound Designers, hosts, etc) and their onboarding.
• Act as main point of contact between Commissioned Originals and other Wondery departments to deliver needed assets.
• Oversee and support producers with remote and studio recordings.
• Provide feedback on scripts and sound design as needed.
A day in the life
The person in this role will report to the Head of Production and work closely with the head of your vertical as well as internal Wondery content producer teams. They will have the opportunity to see, up close, what it takes to run and maintain successful shows to ensure each show runs smoothly.
About the team
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, The Shrink Next Door, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, and How I Built This. Wondery is behind seven of the ''Top 10 New Shows of 2021'', according to Podtrac, including #1 (The Apology Line) and #2 (Suspect). Forty shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Harsh Reality and Operator. Many Wondery shows have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death on Peacock, The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV+, the upcoming WeCrashed on Apple TV+ and Joe vs Carole on Peacock. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience with over 15,000 episodes, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery+. With Wondery+, fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening.
• 3+ years experience as a producer/production manager or line producer
• 3+ years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• 4+ years of audio production experience.
• Project management skills with proven ability to pivot and creatively problem solve.
• A systematic or process-driven approach to projects with a bias for action.
• Skilled at self-direction and strong ownership of project and process.
• Effective leadership and diplomatic communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re46k2-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.