News Anchor / Reporter - WOIO / Wuab
NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER (EVENING) - WOIO/WUAB
WOIO-WUAB are the CBS and CW Affiliates in Cleveland, Ohio. We produce 48.5 hours of news per week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms.
WOIO-TV is seeking an experienced News Anchor/Reporter. Responsibilities go beyond the traditional duties of an anchor/reporter. This person will deliver the news in an urgent, hard-hitting, trusting and empowering way. When not anchoring, expectations involve research, writing, producing and reporting hard news content for TV and all digital platforms and a high level of social engagement. Must be highly skilled in the delivery of unscripted Breaking News for TV, OTT and all platforms. Will be expected to generate viable and original story ideas and craft content in a creative and visually enticing way during both anchor and reporter shifts. Must be able to tell stories in a memorable way, deliver live reports dynamically and support colleagues in pursuit of fast paced, highly visual newscasts.
Must have superior presentation skills for studio and field segments, with emotional range for a wide variety of content. Must be collaborative, team-oriented, solution oriented and calm under pressure.
*** Please note: Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to what is listed above ***
- Minimum three (3) years experience as a broadcast news anchor and reporter in a medium to large market commercial TV station.
- Degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications or the equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Spanish language MMJ/Reporting and Anchoring skills a plus.
- Knowledge of the Cleveland area a plus.
- The ability to respect co-workers and work well with others is highly valued.
- Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, attach link to your work, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g324yx-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.